Hess Corporation | Offshore
Hess Corporation Logo header


  • Baldpate in the Gulf of Mexico

    Top Quartile Operating Capabilities

    Hess is a leader in deepwater development and production, with top quartile performance in offshore drilling and project delivery. Our company is the sixth-largest producer in the Gulf of Mexico and also has offshore assets in Europe, Asia Pacific and West Africa. We have been selected to operate major offshore projects by Gulf of Mexico partners and by the Malaysian national oil company.

Ocean Blacklion drill ship in Gulf of Mexico

Adding Future Value with Stampede

Hess capitalized on its proven track record in the Gulf of Mexico with the sanctioned development of the Stampede field — one of the largest undeveloped fields in the Gulf.  Hess is operator and has a 25 percent working interest in the field, which has estimated gross recoverable resources of between 300 and 350 million barrels of oil equivalent. Our partners are Chevron, Statoil and Nexen.  First oil is targeted for 2018.

First Quartile Development Performance at Tubular Bells

Also in the Gulf of Mexico, Hess’ Tubular Bells project is a vivid example of the company’s success in deepwater developments.  The company achieved first oil just three years after our final investment decision.  We have a 57 percent working interest and Chevron is our partner with the remaining 43 percent.    Tubular Bells ranks best-in-class based on IPA project delivery benchmarking cost and schedule data.   

View Transcript

North Malay Basin

A Natural Fit at North Malay Basin

Hess has a 50 percent working interest and is operator of North Malay Basin, a long life natural gas asset comprised of nine discovered natural gas fields adjacent to our existing operations in the Joint Development Area (JDA) between Malaysia and Thailand.  Petronas Carigali, with the remaining 50 percent of North Malay Basin, is also our partner in the JDA.   Full field development at North Malay Basin is underway and on track for completion in 2017, after which net production is expected to reach 165 million cubic feet a day.

  • South Arne in the North Sea

    REMIT Disclosure for Denmark

    Hess will publish information in respect of any of its assets that it considers to constitute inside information pursuant to the European Regulation on Wholesale Energy Market Integrity and Transparency (EU 1227/2011).
  • Managing Risk in the Gulf of Mexico

    As members of the Marine Well Containment Company and the Clean Gulf Cooperative, we have rapid access to well capping/containment and spill response resources in the Gulf of Mexico.

  • Revitalizing South Arne in Denmark

    Hess has been a pioneer of managed pressure drilling techniques in Denmark and developed deep expertise in sub-salt seismic imaging and chalk formations. We have produced oil and gas at the South Arne field in the Danish North Sea since 1999. Our focus is on extending the productive life of the field and optimizing production from the chalk reservoirs.